PatchMap Dispatch Extension for MapBuddy
PatchMap Dispatch is our flagship extension for MapBuddy. Designed for the Canadian oilfield, this extension unlocks a series of super convienient tools that help you become more efficient in how you work between office and field.
Armed with PatchMap's trusted road, well and facility data, PatchMap Dispatch allows you to quickly create route maps for your drivers, calculate accurate hauling bids, and aide in the preparation of Emergency Response Plans. Because MapBuddy is installed locally on your Windows PC, you can interact with local resources and devices such as Garmin GPS and third-party file formats such as Shapefiles, GPX files, and Google Earth KML. MapBuddy waypoints, tracks and layers can all be saved to its own unique file format (*.bud) - Specially designed to be small and moveable between MapBuddy users.
PatchMap Dispatch Extension Subscription Pricing
Bulk discounts are available for multiple users - please call 780-814-2130 to speak to a representative.
PatchMap Dispatch contains all the features of "MapBuddy Free" plus..
- View PatchMap's highly-detailed oilfield map data on top of Google Maps.
- Search Wellsites by Legal Description (both surface and bottomhole), using both DLS or PNG grid systems..
- Calculate routes on PatchMap oilfield road data..
- Print maps and Turn-by-turn directions for your drivers..
- Email directions and live map to your drivers..
- Quickly adjust routes by inserting Via Points (stops)..
- Get positional info such as wellsite, facility and road data by clicking the screen with the 'Info Tool'..
- Switch between background maps including PatchMap, Google Road Map, Google Satellite and ArcGIS Satellite
- Add optional overlay layers (See the 'Map Layers' tab for more info.)
- Import you own Shapefile data.
PatchMap Dispatch covers the entire western Canadian oilpatch including Northeastern British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Southwestern Manitoba
- Left: Western extent of BC oilpatch (-126°)
- Right: Eastern border of Manitoba (-95°)
- Bottom: Canada/USA border (49°)
- Top: NWT Border 16 (60°)
Base Map Layers
- Detailed PatchMap Road Data (includes names, kilometer posts and radio channels where available)
- Wellsites and Facilities (Searchable by bottomhole or surface location)
- Road Names (Searchable)
- LSD Grid (AB, SK, MB) - Searchable
- PNG Grid (BC only) - Searchable
- Detailed, named watercourse
- Wellsite drillpaths
- Wellsite Boundaries (where available)
- First Nations Reserve Boundaries
- Park and Protected Area Boundaries
- Urban Boundaries
- Cities/Towns/Hamlets (Searchable)
- Other Geographic places (eg. Mountains, Valleys, etc) - Searchable
- Seismic Lines (where available)
- 10m Contour Lines
- Relief Shade background (device dependant)
- Multiple map backgrounds including PatchMap(default), Google Maps Satellite/RoadMap, Open Street Map, and Bing Satellite
Optional Overlay Layers
- Crown Dispostions (LOCs, MSLs, PLAs)
- Critical Wildlife Areas (Caribou Winter Range, Special Access Areas, etc.)
- County/Municipality Boundaries
- Wildlife Management Area Boundaries (Searchable)
- RFMA Boundaries (Searchable)
- Green/White Zone
- Agricultural Land Reserve (BC only)
- Forest Management Areas (FMAs)
- Forest Management Units (FMUs)
- Strike Zones
- Rural Addresses (Searchable) - where available
- Height Restrictions
- Highway Cameras
PatchMap is updated monthly and includes any new wellsites, roads or other map layers.
All data and feature updates are applied automatically so there's nothing for you to do!
MapBuddy will run on any version of Windows:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- MapBuddy is not compatible with Mac
Create route to wellsites and facilities and print direction maps for your drivers...
Search for Wellsites in BC, AB, SK, MB by Surface or Bottomhole location. In the case where you must find a large number of wells - use the "Convert a list" option to quickly locate hundreds of LSDs in seconds and save them as waypoints...
Save wellsite search results as waypoints, or scroll through the list of properties including Well Name, Operator. Status, UWI, Surface Location, Province, License ID, Soud Date, License Date, Lahee Desc, KB Elevation, Profile, Proj Depth, Drill TD, Latitude, Longitude.
Search Facilities by LSD, Name or Operator.. and retrieve info including Operator, Sub Type, Latitude, Longitude...