PatchMap for MapSource (AKA PatchMap 2.0)
PatchMap PC 2.0 is an offline alternative to our PatchMap for MapBuddy. It allows you to use PatchMap inside Garmin's MapSource or nRoute software. MapSource is usually used in office environments or when you need to print direction maps when offline. nRoute is used to provide navigation on your laptop in the field using a connected USB GPS Antenna. Both MapSource and nRoute versions are included in a PatchMap PC 2.0 subscription.
PatchMap 2.0 Subscription Pricing
Bulk discounts are available for multiple users - please call 780-814-2130 to speak to a representative.
- No internet connection required (except for install and updating)..
- Navigate to oilfield locations on your laptop..
- Search Wells, LSDs and Facilities by Surface or Bottomhole location or Operator..
- Find closest Wells and Facilities to your GPS location..
- Get fastest or shortest routes on PatchMap oilfield roads..
- Print direction maps and turn-directions..
- Get well information including Operator, License Date, License Number, Strike Zone, Surface Location, Fluid, Status..
- Manage your waypoints and trip logs and upload/download to/from your Garmin GPS..
- Get vertical profiles on routes and tracks using the embedded DEM - useful for slope estimation for route surveys and stream crossings..
PatchMap 2.0 covers the entire western Canadian oilpatch including Northeastern British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Southwestern Manitoba
- Left: Western extent of BC oilpatch (-126°)
- Right: Eastern border of Manitoba (-95°)
- Bottom: Canada/USA border (49°)
- Top: NWT Border 16 (60°)
- Detailed PatchMap Road Data (includes names, kilometer posts and radio channels where available)
- Wellsites and Facilities (Searchable by bottomhole or surface location)
- Road Names (Searchable)
- LSD Grid (AB, SK, MB) - Searchable
- PNG Grid (BC only) - Searchable
- Detailed, named watercourse
- Wellsite drillpaths
- Wellsite Boundaries (where available)
- First Nations Reserve Boundaries
- Park and Protected Area Boundaries
- Urban Boundaries
- Cities/Towns/Hamlets (Searchable)
- Other Geographic places (eg. Mountains, Valleys, etc) - Searchable
- Seismic Lines (where available)
- Relief Shade background (MapSource only)
PatchMap is updated monthly and includes any new wellsites, roads or other map layers.
When a new update is available (usually around the 25th of each month) an "update" button will appear on the main launch window.
PatchMap 2.0 will run on any version of Windows:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- MapBuddy is not compatible with Mac
Wells can be searched by Surface or Bottomhole locations..
A route into location with printable turn-directions...
Right clicking a well shows the well attributes...
A vertical profile of a route on the Narraway Road crossing the Narraway River...
Road speeds are configurable, providing more realistic driving times for slower vehicles...